mahabharat_in_english

Friday, October 20, 2006

MAHABHARAT IN SIMPLE ENGLISH - CURTAIN RAISER.


MAHABHAARATA
(IN SIMPLE ENGLISH AND TELUGU)

Maha Bharata is a great epic. It is the story of mainly Kouravas and Pandavas and the great battle between them at a place called Kurukshetra. Mahabharata contains Bhagavadgita, a Code of Conduct for all Human beings. In Mahabharata itself it is said by veda vyasa "what you find in the entire world, it is in Mahabharata but what is not in Mahabharata you cannot find any where in the world" Therefore Mahabharata is a complete dharma saastra.

Mahabharata was originally written in Sanskrit by Bhagavan veda vyasa for a period of three years. Later it was translated into telugu (a south indian language) and many other languages. Though it was written in Telugu, it is in verse form mostly with Sanskrit words. Now a days, English is an international language. Sanskrit has almost become a dead language. Hence, Mahabharata could not reach the common man ..
Now a days, human values are deteriorating. The relationship between brothers,sisters, father and son, and mother and son are evaporating. Joint families are not heard anywere. The fact that old age homes are increasing in number itself shows that children are not caring their parents in their old age. Youth are attracted to terrorism for immediate gains. Causing harm to fellowmen has become an order of the day. Every minute breach of peace, breach of civil rights are occurring.

. At this juncture, it is highly essential to make our children read Mahabharata and understand the moral values followed by our ancestors. Therefore, I have taken the task of writing commentary on Mahabharata in simple English and Telugu, understandable even by school going children.For this I followed the Mahabharata written in telugu by Kavitrayam. I have not missed any single detail and also the dharma sutras enunciated in Mahabharata. I request all of you to kindly read Mahabharata. You also encourage your children to read Mahabharata. If any one who reads this, cares for his parents as pandavas cared for their mother kunti, if any one respects his brothers and live amicably as pandavas, if any one acts like Vidura, an embodiment of morality, I feel happy that all my efforts are fructified.

About myself:
I worked and retired as an officer. . Since my child hood, I used to accompany my mother to places where Puranas and Mahabharata lectures were conducted. I used to hear Swami Chinmayananda geeta Jnana Yagna lectures since 1964. After my retirement, I bought one computer and learnt how to operate it. Then I began to prepare Mahabharata commentary in simpe English and simple telugu. Nowadays, internet and e mail have become part of the life of a common man. Hence, I thought to keep Mahabharata in this blogger. My e mail id is subrahmanyam_mv1947@yahoo.co.in
Wish you all the best
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home